New Top Gear

Where to talk about cars, bikes, planes... In fact, anything with an engine of some sort
herb

New Top Gear

Post by herb » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:55 pm

so I found this guy that has the most moring heroin! :lol:

No seriously, loving Chris and Paddy and Freddy on the new Top Gear. Bit disappointed that Freddy seems to have taken on the Clarkson mantle of piss-taking 1980's style, but I'm hoping he settles down :thumbs:

I loved the 1st one, the Ethiopia road trip. Looks like an amazing country, like Paddy said I remember all the trouble (to say the least) they had in the 80's, and it's great to see that it's come a long way since then. A great lesson to those who say Great Britain should put charity at home first :thumbs:

The second one was good aswell, the electric cars was a bit "old top gear" / slapstick humour which isn't for me, but the Tesla piece was really good, espcially as I had another chance to drool over the Alfa :wub: Also entertaining the romanic notion of a Triumph Spitfire, but having remembered looking into TR6's when I was younger I though the better of it ... especially when I saw prices, jeeeeez!

Seems night an day since the old clarkson/may/cockwomblewhocan'tdrive days, which is good. I do miss James though :whistling: :P

Snap Matt

Re: New Top Gear

Post by Snap Matt » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:26 am

I liked Joey in it. Especially when they called him Joey.

Flintoff seems to spend a lot of time talking about how he used to be a dick when fame went to his head and I haven't worked out yet if he still is one.

Are the really only doing four episodes in the series too? It makes it look like the new team is just on probation. Fair enough if there is a six to eight week run at the end of the year, but four is too short.

herb

Post by herb » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:00 pm

ha ha yes I'm the same 100% on Freddy, he seems to be a bit of an 80's bully with Chris, and Paddy seems to mediate :thumbs: I'm hoping it's nerves rather than as you say, he's a dick ... although you could well be spot on :thumbs: He seem a bit like the dick at a party everyone laughs at, and ends up getting a smack of someone because he's being too much of a dick :lol:

Yeah I miss Joey, I liked his dry humour and the fact he's such a petrol head. Him, Chris and Paddy would have been great. I think it was his acting that made him good for the job, still makes me laugh watching him with Ken Block razzing round London :lol:

I hope Sabine makes an appearance or two aswell, she's brilliant :thumbs:

herb

Post by herb » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:22 pm

well after that short series I think Freddie came into his own. He still seems a little nervous but hopefully that will go.

I loved the bit painting the cars in rainbow colours, and especially the fact that they took the time to explain the situation. Although that said, I hope they don't blow it and do something in China, as their government is just as backwards albeit in a different way :whistling:

I'd still like to see more of the program dedicated to normal cars, things we can actually buy ... how about the best 10 year old family car? I'm sure they could make a laugh of it!

Snap Matt

Post by Snap Matt » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:32 am

Finally caught up on the final episode over the last few evenings. The piece on the Lotus 79 was one of those little gems they throw in at the end of each series. I would be more than happy if they swapped one or two of the stupid challenge or adventure pieces they do with a couple of further historic items each series and I bet they are a lot less expensive to produce too.

herb

Post by herb » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:02 pm

yeah I'd agree, the adventures were very much a Clarkson thing, they should mix it up a bit