Silverstone Race Day

F1 news and discussions
funkyfreddy

Re: Silverstone Race Day

Post by funkyfreddy » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:20 pm

I was initially disappointed with the result of Lewis ending up in 2nd. After the first lap I was hopeful he wouldn't finish at all.

Then I saw the spoilt brat crying in the corner. At that point I realised it wasn't such a bad result after all :lol:

funkyfreddy

Post by funkyfreddy » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:25 pm

Kimi again demonstrated today he deserves another year at Ferrari for me.

JMFangio

Post by JMFangio » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:43 pm

I gather that Hamilton's rather foolish comments on Raikkonen have spread to Toto Wolf. This is coming close to putting the sport into disrepute.

Do Mercedes management have to pander quite so much to Hamilton's petulance?

StevieFerrari

Post by StevieFerrari » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:08 pm

JMFangio wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:43 pm
I gather that Hamilton's rather foolish comments on Raikkonen have spread to Toto Wolf. This is coming close to putting the sport into disrepute.

Do Mercedes management have to pander quite so much to Hamilton's petulance?
It’s pathetic. Always innuendo when it’s Ferrari but never when it’s anyone else. Bottas took Kimi out twice last year with no penalty.

Despite the safety cars and the de facto 2-tier system in F1 now, I thought Hamilton drove a fantastic recovery. It wasn’t all DRS. He put himself at risk on a few occasions and with some better team strategy could’ve won the race. But he ruined it again by behaving like a child not a champion.

JMFangio

Post by JMFangio » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:07 pm

StevieFerrari wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:08 pm

Despite the safety cars and the de facto 2-tier system in F1 now, I thought Hamilton drove a fantastic recovery. It wasn’t all DRS.
That's right, it wasn't. Bottas was ordered to let him through :rolleyes:

herb

Post by herb » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:01 pm

funkyfreddy wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:20 pm
I was initially disappointed with the result of Lewis ending up in 2nd. After the first lap I was hopeful he wouldn't finish at all.

Then I saw the spoilt brat crying in the corner. At that point I realised it wasn't such a bad result after all :lol:
ha ha me too.

And as others have said, it was Bottas pushing off Kimi last year (totally agree he should be in F1 next year, he's the only driver with bollocks! the rest are spineless yes men these days, quite literally)

I thought it was a good race, Lewis did well with his driving it was great to watch, but let his gob let him down as usual. I was a little gutted for him as if he hadn't cut across in front of Kimi he could have done much better, but he does like to cut people off or drive them off the circuit. I liken that sort of behaviour to football players taking a dive.

I think it was a great weekend for the circuit, but as always it's only Merc, Ferrari or Red Bull on the podiums, as it has been for a long time now