Mclaren?

F1 news and discussions
User avatar
JMFangio
Posts: 202
Joined: Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:05 am

Re: Mclaren?

Post by JMFangio » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:45 am

Humpty wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:01 pm
Is this a constructive forum or a biased one that takes pot shots at the declared enemy?
Err, my pot-shots are always constructive. :whistling:

ale
Posts: 143
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:35 pm

Re: Mclaren?

Post by ale » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:32 pm

151 laps today, 6th best time set on hyper soft tyre.......half a second behind Gas(t)ly in the.....ummmm.....Torro Rosso [/s]lawnmower[s] Honda who ended up third.

Big surprise from Haas by Magnussinnen ending up 2nd on a set of softs? :O

Still it is just testing and no one really thinks any of these times are representative.......although Stroll did come last which might very well be :P :ph34r:

User avatar
Humpty
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:38 pm

Re: Mclaren?

Post by Humpty » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:52 am

Alonso in previous years hasn't hesitated to convey bad vibes about the package before him. If the lack of such this year is a reliable indicator of form/improvement, one might be tempted to conclude that the McLaren's are sandbagging.

funkyfreddy
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:19 pm

Re: Mclaren?

Post by funkyfreddy » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:11 pm

Humpty wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:52 am
Alonso in previous years hasn't hesitated to convey bad vibes about the package before him. If the lack of such this year is a reliable indicator of form/improvement, one might be tempted to conclude that the McLaren's are sandbagging.
Surely you actually have to be going around the track to be sandbagging?

User avatar
StevieFerrari
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:13 am
Location: Glasgow

Re: Mclaren?

Post by StevieFerrari » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:55 pm

Humpty wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:01 pm
Is this a constructive forum or a biased one that takes pot shots at the declared enemy?
About 50/50.... :D

User avatar
StevieFerrari
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:13 am
Location: Glasgow

Re: Mclaren?

Post by StevieFerrari » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:03 pm

kefln wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:51 am
What are peoples thoughts on Mclaren?

1) Hideous colours - had to get that out of the way.

2) Renault engine should push them up towards the sharp end, but it has been a while since they were pushed at that level. Mistakes and blunders for the season ahead?

3) Alonso. How long will he hold on?
1) I quite like the livery, certainly better than the orange and black. In fact, I would ditch all of the remaining black and replace it with the dark blue.

2) Is the Renault PU actually any better than the Honda? The testing numbers don't really support that. Looking more like McLaren are strong on aero and geometrics, but absolutely terrible at everything else in engineering.

3) Depends on Bottas and Vettel's contract situations. Or how much he enjoys WEC.

User avatar
JMFangio
Posts: 202
Joined: Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:05 am

Re: Mclaren?

Post by JMFangio » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:02 pm

Why on earth would Bottas or Vettel want a seat at McLaren, given their recent track record?

User avatar
StevieFerrari
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:13 am
Location: Glasgow

Re: Mclaren?

Post by StevieFerrari » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:13 am

JMFangio wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:02 pm
Why on earth would Bottas or Vettel want a seat at McLaren, given their recent track record?
No, Alonso going to Merc or back to Ferrari

User avatar
JMFangio
Posts: 202
Joined: Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:05 am

Re: Mclaren?

Post by JMFangio » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:00 pm

StevieFerrari wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:13 am
JMFangio wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:02 pm
Why on earth would Bottas or Vettel want a seat at McLaren, given their recent track record?
No, Alonso going to Merc or back to Ferrari
Ah, that makes more sense.

Post Reply