NowTV F1 Season Pass

F1 news and discussions
funkyfreddy

NowTV F1 Season Pass

Post by funkyfreddy » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:57 pm

Now TV have launched an F1 Season Pass in response to the F1 TV streaming service launching. £150 for the season.

Sounds a lot up front, but £16.66 per month doesnt sound too bad, especially when it apparently includes access to all the other sky sports channels (that you probably wont watch :D )

Or you could buy 21x day passes at £7.99 = £167.79

Snap Matt

Re: NowTV F1 Season Pass

Post by Snap Matt » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:41 am

Is that an attempt to hook people in before raising the price next year when there is no choice over coverage? Or a sign that they doubt that VPN blocking systems are going to lock people out of the official F1 TV service? Or just an acceptance that the paywall could decimate viewing figures next year?

I think I will stick with the C4 coverage this year, but the last time I bought a TV I made sure it had Now TV as standard in anticipation of a point when I would have to cave in to keep watching F1. I would still prefer by far to pay directly to F1 TV if we are going to have to pay at all though.

Humpty

Post by Humpty » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:59 pm

There will be a quite a number of people that will either find race days streams or stop watching the sport altogether. Timing couldn't be worse for a jump into 100% pay tv.

Bulge100

Post by Bulge100 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:19 pm

I'm still watching in German. Used to use the 5 live commentary but there's really no need.
It's educational - I can now speak fluent German ... as long as it's restricted to:
Faster -Schneller.
Pitstop - Pitstop.
Kaput - McLaren.
Fick diese Arschlöcher - Get out of the way Seb ... Coming through (Kimi)

It's never too late to learn a new language 😁

ale

Post by ale » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:08 pm

I've been watching the non live races using the Now tv service since the split of races and don't think it's a bad deal, especially if you consider the cost of a grandstand ticket to any GP local to you.
I did find a few streams before and while ok, the picture or sound quality wasn't as good and often obtrusive and hard to close down adverts got in the way at the start of the stream, not to mention virus threat warnings.
I'd consider the low cost of VPN, worth it anyway if you want to stream world wide TV but will wait to see if F1 can really block you from paying and attempting a stream from 'abroad'

For this year I'll stick to C4 and day pass unless:
1) Vpn works and I can get hold of the paid for official stream
2) There happens to be other sport on that I want to watch on Sky, usually cricket, but I have to be able to view enough to justify buying to buy a week pass or two.
3)I find good quality, virus free stream. They are about but do get closed down rather quickly.

10 or 11 live races doesn't seem too bad at £7.99 with the rest being more paid for live races by dint of being forced to pay a tv license too.

Humpty

Post by Humpty » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:55 am

If you want a ligitimate supplier of full weekend live coverage and are happy to view on a mobile device, consider using the Sky Sports Mobile Tv app for non-C4 races. Full sports package for a tenner per month (with no obligation to pay every month).

funkyfreddy

Post by funkyfreddy » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:09 pm

Humpty wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:55 am
If you want a ligitimate supplier of full weekend live coverage and are happy to view on a mobile device, consider using the Sky Sports Mobile Tv app for non-C4 races. Full sports package for a tenner per month (with no obligation to pay every month).
Typical sky though... No Chromecast support because that would be far too useful!

herb

Post by herb » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:16 pm

I love watching F1 on Channel 4!

Yes, as you all know I am a big Sky/Murdoch hater and wouldn't give them a penny, but even that said (I've watched it on Sky at a mates a few times in 2017 and Ted Cravitz need a slap, he's sooo passive-aggressive) even if it was FREE I'd still watch the Channel 4 show.

Why? I think DC is becoming a great presenter, and his pairing with Mark Webber is fucking brilliant! I love the banter, the messing about, and all the serious stuff they give out, and Steve Jones is such a good host ... their line up can't be beat for me. Suzie Wolff is good aswell, great to see a real lady and ex F1 pilot part of the team, plus her on-screen banter with hubby Toto is brilliant (as is he to be fair, the guy is a PR genius I wish I could follow him round for a week and learn!). EJ provides amusement, although he'll never be a TV natural, and I think it's best he makes guest appearances rather than regular ones ;)

I really loved the Monaco show where Mark Webber stopped Prince Albert's car on the street and nearly got jumped by all his bodyguards, this is the sort of stuff I love to see ... their reality! I'd love to see "a day/week in the life of ..." and see some F1 driver bleary eyed first thing (just like we all are) and all the crap and joys they have throughout the day/week. I loved it when DC, Webber and JB were go-karting with Steve Jones aswell. I think I love seeing these guys dick around like we all do when we get the chance, they just get the chances a lot more than we do! :thumbs: :thumbs:

To be brutally honest, I think the last 6 races last year I watched the whole race build up, the first few laps, and then just pressed FFWD to the end unless I saw yellow flags or safety car on the screen. The channel 4 team have kept me watching F1 last year, it certainly wasn't those lame carbon milkfloats they call race cars! :thumbs:

So thank you to Steve Jones, DC, Mark Webber, Suzie Wolff (and Toto), EJ, Ben, Lee and Karun, and ALL the guest presenters ... it is YOU that made this sport something I wanted to watch every weekend, not F1 itself. If you guys hadn't been doing the show, I wouldn't be watching F1 any more ... the "race" (if you can call it that) is a very poor second to your show! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Humpty

Post by Humpty » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:19 pm

I'd pretty much agree with all of that, Herb. It's a shame Liberty Media didn't come along before Bernie sold out to pay TV.

peggy

Post by peggy » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:00 pm

I did find a high quality, non virused streaming service last year that was proper decent, if anyone wants more details you can PM me for that.