Azerbaijan Race 2018

F1 news and discussions
kamui

Re: Azerbaijan Race 2018

Post by kamui » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:49 pm

So Max is given a reprimand for moving twice...

However so is Riccardo for braking late....

Isnt braking late the point of overtaking? They have admitted verstapoen moves twice which is the cause of the incident, so how do they also blame the other driver? If the gap is still therr like it shoukd have been, there is no problem. So basically no more overtaking guys, braking late is naughty.

This might be the stupidest officiating i have seen in any sport, ever.

JMFangio

Post by JMFangio » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:15 pm

Any news on the enquiry into DRS use? :unsure:

PhileepoF1

Post by PhileepoF1 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:50 am

kamui wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:49 pm
Isnt braking late the point of overtaking? They have admitted verstapoen moves twice which is the cause of the incident, so how do they also blame the other driver? If the gap is still therr like it shoukd have been, there is no problem. So basically no more overtaking guys, braking late is naughty.

This is modern day F1 and its one of the many things wrong with it
No driver wants to deliberately take out another car on purpose, especially two team mates! The reason why we have DRS is to make overtaking so much easier and safer because overtaking is done much earlier than the braking zone.
Theyll end up putting brake lights and indicators on the cars i bet 😠

kamui

Post by kamui » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:08 am

PhileepoF1 wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:50 am
kamui wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:49 pm

This is modern day F1 and its one of the many things wrong with it
No driver wants to deliberately take out another car on purpose, especially two team mates! The reason why we have DRS is to make overtaking so much easier and safer because overtaking is done much earlier than the braking zone.
Theyll end up putting brake lights and indicators on the cars i bet 😠
Yet they're talking about how they need to promote overtaking, and change the cars so we can have more - but don't go for a move in case the guy in front is dirty and moves twice. This sport is going downhill.

Crusader

Post by Crusader » Tue May 01, 2018 1:28 am

Totally Maxs fault. He always darts from side to side to stop people overtaking and never gets in trouble for it.