Hamilton finally signed new contract

F1 news and discussions
funkyfreddy

Hamilton finally signed new contract

Post by funkyfreddy » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:42 pm

...... Just as the merc becomes dominant again :rolleyes:

He really can't bare to be in a car that isn't dominant can he incase his true not so impressive performance is revealed.

Definitely the least deserving world champion ever.

irv_the_swerve

Re: Hamilton finally signed new contract

Post by irv_the_swerve » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:39 am

"The least deserving world champion ever"

Sorry but that is hilarious.

Humpty

Post by Humpty » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:33 am

funkyfreddy wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:42 pm
This has got be one of the most ridiculous comments I've ever seen posted on social media.

Can you name a driver who wouldn't want to have the best technology at their disposal?

funkyfreddy

Post by funkyfreddy » Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:52 pm

Humpty wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:33 am
funkyfreddy wrote:
This has got be one of the most ridiculous comments I've ever seen posted on social media.

Can you name a driver who wouldn't want to have the best technology at their disposal?
Michael didn't when he went to Ferrari.

Lewis takes the whole wanting the best to a whole new level. It was beginning to appear he would actually quit F1 rather than re-sign for a no longer dominant Mercedes even if it was the best deal available

Humpty

Post by Humpty » Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:12 pm

Schumacher went to Ferrari because of the brand and knowing of the personnel and investment that would be thrown at the project. Hence many more titles won in a dominant period of the red machine. No driver wishes to be languishing in a machine not capable of winning races and titles.

irv_the_swerve

Post by irv_the_swerve » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:15 pm

funkyfreddy wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:52 pm
Humpty wrote:
funkyfreddy wrote:

Lewis takes the whole wanting the best to a whole new level. It was beginning to appear he would actually quit F1 rather than re-sign for a no longer dominant Mercedes even if it was the best deal available
Mercedes were 5th in the constructors when Hamilton joined them. People said he was mad for leaving McLaren, an established front running team at the time.

I'm by no means a Hamilton fan but your hate is clouding your argument. Schumacher benefitted from Ferrari's dominance just as Hamilton is now.

There has been no serious talk about Hamilton quitting F1 lately. Just media speculation.

funkyfreddy

Post by funkyfreddy » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:04 pm

irv_the_swerve wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:15 pm
funkyfreddy wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:52 pm
Humpty wrote:

Mercedes were 5th in the constructors when Hamilton joined them. People said he was mad for leaving McLaren, an established front running team at the time.

I'm by no means a Hamilton fan but your hate is clouding your argument. Schumacher benefitted from Ferrari's dominance just as Hamilton is now.

There has been no serious talk about Hamilton quitting F1 lately. Just media speculation.
Merc were starting to come good when he joined. They were already quick but couldn't manage their tyres. Lewis's first drive of the Merc they had already got on top of that and they've been race win capable cars ever since, and he's been a spoilt brat ever since.

irv_the_swerve

Post by irv_the_swerve » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:16 pm

Merc had 1 win, 1 second place and 1 third place the season before Hamilton joined, the rest being 5th and below. Hardly 'coming good'...I'd liken them to Force India or Renault (minus the 1 win).

Ferrari had 1 win and 10 podiums the year before Schumacher joined. Arguably more promising.

Hamilton was briefed on the Merc hybrid engine and took a leap of faith. It could just as easily have been a Honda job. It's very easy to say that Merc were coming good in hindsight.

Hamilton is simply one of the best drivers (arguably the best) in the best car. Yes he bitches and moans. Yes he's an absolute tit when it comes to fashion and celebrity. He will also, by the time he retires, go down as one of the top 5 drivers of all time, in my opinion.