Monza

F1 news and discussions
JMFangio

Monza

Post by JMFangio » Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:04 pm

Clever driving from Ferrari, Vettel got a tow from Hammie & Raikkonen got one Vettel. That was the way to get the lock-out on the front row. :thumbs: :getin:

funkyfreddy

Re: Monza

Post by funkyfreddy » Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:17 pm

Guarantee Lewis wont get a penalty. He never does.

JMFangio

Post by JMFangio » Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:30 pm

funkyfreddy wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:17 pm
Yup.

kamui

Post by kamui » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:24 pm

He shouldn't have been penalised, didn't do anything wrong.

Verstappen on the other hand.... What a twat. He clearly broke the rules and then swears about killing racing, which his weaving bullshit defence is actualy doing.

Humpty

Post by Humpty » Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:03 pm

funkyfreddy wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:17 pm
Is there a particular reason why you thought he should?

funkyfreddy

Post by funkyfreddy » Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:58 pm

Lewis didn't leave a car width and turned in on seb. Max did similar and gets a penalty. This "sport" is a fkin joke. I'm done. I can't be arsed with it any more. See you all after Lewis retires.

Humpty

Post by Humpty » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:33 pm

funkyfreddy wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:58 pm
Lewis didn't leave a car width and turned in on seb. Max did similar and gets a penalty. This "sport" is a fkin joke. I'm done. I can't be arsed with it any more. See you all after Lewis retires.
You seriously need to take another look at the incident as you are talking complete nonsense.

Snap Matt

Post by Snap Matt » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:50 am

I didn't think Monza could top the qualifying session - the top three all improving with each run, breaking a fourteen year record every lap (I suppose that record will change annually for the next few years at least now). The gaps at the top and throughout the field were tiny.

The race was about as intense as F1 gets. Hamilton's pass on Vettel was excellent and it seemed like another of those moments where a calmer Vettel would have accepted the loss of position and been able to fight back within a few laps. The safety car aided Vettel's recovery again; at racing speeds maybe even the Force India cars might just have made enough of a gap to stay ahead at the end of the race.

Kimi retaking the lead after the restart gave us a long battle for the win, even if the decisive moment was fairly brief. I had thought that Ricciardo's Red Bull was going to trigger a VSC that gifted Hamilton a cheap pit stop although I'd bet Mercedes could still miss the opportunity in such a case.

Verstappen was back to his childish worst, complaining about a time penalty that maybe should have been topped up with a couple of points on his licence too. He looked like he needed a warning a lap or two ahead of the collision with Bottas so it was no surprise when it happened. I guess the silver lining is that the only effect of the lost championship points will be to reduce next year's entry fees by a few grand...

If Grosjean's floor remains illegal we finally have every driver appearing on the scoreboard too - I guess that is a first for F1? That said, if Stroll is about to leave a vacant seat at Williams, I don't fancy the chances of a third Williams driver scoring in the remaining rounds. Stroll's performance (and that of Sirotkin) over the weekend was quite pleasing, but I still can't see him as being worthy of replacing either of the Force India guys.