Brexit means Brexit

Come here to let off steam about anything that is bothering you, but please be aware that the language may be a bit "colourful"
Snap Matt

Re: Brexit means Brexit

Post by Snap Matt » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:55 pm

Services have been crippled by underfunding. Immigration is providing staff in those services, working age people that pay taxes and are generally less of a strain on health services than our ageing population. The immigrants in our eldest's school year are all teaching staff. EU rules allow a government to deport people not finding employment after three months. The people actually causing the problems in services are the ones selling the snake oil of leaving the EU.

funkyfreddy

Post by funkyfreddy » Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:10 pm

Snap Matt wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:55 pm
Services have been crippled by underfunding. Immigration is providing staff in those services, working age people that pay taxes and are generally less of a strain on health services than our ageing population. The immigrants in our eldest's school year are all teaching staff. EU rules allow a government to deport people not finding employment after three months. The people actually causing the problems in services are the ones selling the snake oil of leaving the EU.
Nonsense. We cannot kick out EU migrants who fail to find employment.

It's also nonsense to suggest that they never need to see a GP, or a dentist or visit A&E.

The vast majority of them are on low wages contributing little in tax whilst maximizing the services and entitlements they're allowed. If they weren't here businesses would soon fill the gap in employee availability with automation solutions.

We need to take back control. We need to get out of the EU.

JMFangio

Post by JMFangio » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:41 pm

funkyfreddy wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:10 pm

Nonsense. We cannot kick out EU migrants who fail to find employment.
Crap, we can we just haven't bothered to apply those regulations
funkyfreddy wrote:
It's also nonsense to suggest that they never need to see a GP, or a dentist or visit A&E.

The vast majority of them are on low wages contributing little in tax whilst maximizing the services and entitlements they're allowed. If they weren't here businesses would soon fill the gap in employee availability with automation solutions.
You really need to educate yourself about this. EU migrants are serious net contributors to the economy.
funkyfreddy wrote:
We need to take back control. We need to get out of the EU.
May you get the brexit you deserve: no jobs, crap food and medical care costing $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ (not ££££££ or even €€€€€€)

peggy

Post by peggy » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:30 pm

funkyfreddy wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:00 pm
JMFangio wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:56 am
Herb

Why is it that everybody is allowed to change their minds except the folks who were conned into voting leave in 2016?

There have been dozens of OPs on the subject this year. Only one had a leave majority. The people have changed their minds, they don't want this shit.

It's only rich tax evading bastards like like Rees-Mogg who want this, the rest of us, including you, will lose heavily. Don't be taken in.
Didn't you move to France? Probably explains your opinion and why you haven't really got a clue.

Meanwhile us British that actually live in Britain are fed up of immigration crippling our services and infrastructure. We have schools with double the class size of not that many years ago. Hospitals with A&E departments that literally shut at winters because they cant cope - including my local city hospital only built in the last 10 years. GPs where if you are ill then you might get an appointment if you wait 3 weeks.

We need to close our borders but we cant.

People have not changed their minds as was seen by the leave votes being roughly in line with the referendum at the EU elections.
Take it from someone who works in education, the reason class sizes have doubled is not immigration... It's the Tory government continually making funding cuts... schools cannot afford to fully staff themselves.... so what do you do if you have no money? Double the class sizes thus saving on the most expensive cost you have... (Don't get me started on academisation and the CEOs who sucking out an extortionate salary out of the system) But that's fine cos it's the tory's mates who are running the big academy chains and sucking all the money out of the STATE education system... which YOU have paid for with your taxes.... but sure blame the immigrants....

JMFangio

Post by JMFangio » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:45 pm

Well said, peggy.

The trouble is that it is far too easy to blame migrants, anyone who is in anyway different can be seen as threatening. Especially if you refuse to be open-minded.

Am I calling out herb and freddy as being racist? yes, maybe I am.

Yes, freddy, I do live in France part of the time, but I still spend 2/3 of the year in the UK. I also spend time in Ireland. I can thus see the picture from many different points of view. I can tell you that once Britain and the British were admired elsewhere. Now they (we!) are a laughing stock. That is when not just being pitied.

herb

Post by herb » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:00 pm

I've taken a screen print of your fallacious comments JMF, my immediate family is dark skinned.

JMFangio

Post by JMFangio » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:23 pm

herb wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:00 pm
I've taken a screen print of your fallacious comments JMF, my immediate family is dark skinned.
So? Anybody can reject 'others' skin colour makes no difference to that at all. Though it saddens me that those who may have suffered repression in some way might wish to repress others, there are plenty of examples of this happening around the world.

What are you going to do with that screen grab? Frame it and gift it to your mother?