Tumbleweed

Suggestions or questions pitboard related, please feel free to ask
StevieFerrari

Tumbleweed

Post by StevieFerrari » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:03 pm

I haven’t seen a lot of activity lately. Even tho it’s off season, there used to be some chat when testing started.

Is there widget we can get for mobile notifications? I was thinking that maybe if people are getting updates they might be more encouraged to come on and chat?

Crusader

Re: Tumbleweed

Post by Crusader » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:07 am

Sadly this place died when it went offline for years.

Snap Matt

Post by Snap Matt » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:48 am

Still, if you want to find out all the unbelievably amazing deals on stuff, the spambots are fairly busy.

Snap Matt

Post by Snap Matt » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:48 pm

What is going on with the newest members? They must be bots or something, replying to threads with comments that could almost be relevant but don't quite fit. I don't see any links inserted or the like so I can't work out their motivation. Is it a GCSE student testing their AI software? What ever the explanation is, they're not in any danger of passing the Turing Test just yet.

herb

Post by herb » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:10 pm

:lol: the joys of moderation

with regards what Stevie and you said about the forum, I often thought this place would be better these days if it ran on a stand alone social media platform, that way people get notification and other things they're more used to using.
Phone apps seem pricey as they always have to keep up with the OS and its updates.

I'm doing a social media project and am using MooSocial. it's really straight forward to use, the admin CP is similar to Joomla!/Wordpress type functionality, and the guys who own it are proving good at custom work so far.