race today

Snap Matt

Re: race today

Post by Snap Matt » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:21 am

I forgot it was on.

Humpty

Post by Humpty » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:04 pm

The series is a little too slow for my liking.

Snap Matt

Post by Snap Matt » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:31 pm

It looks like Formula E will race on the full Monaco circuit from next season when they have the new car. It will be interesting to see what the difference in lap times is - the cars are still going to be a world away from F1 in aero, tyres and power. More interesting still, Formula E might manage a bit more of a racing spectacle around those streets than F1 usually achieves (I won't hold my breath however).

Snap Matt

Post by Snap Matt » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:42 pm

A very enjoyable race in Uruguay yesterday. One or two excellent passes and a really tense fight for the win (even if that didn't amount to much in terms of position change). The nose camera on Di Grassi's car was implausibly close to JEV's rear end for longer than seemed possible without it ending in tears but both survived.

Qualifying was a bit of a joke after the three of the top five were demoted for track limit violations and then the punishment for Di Grassi wearing the wrong fireproof underwear was hilarious. The constant penalties undermine the series' credibility a bit at times, but better than not enforcing the rules I suppose.

#puntadelesteeprix has to be one of the clunkiest hashtags on a TV broadcast too.